Watch this video. Now. Oh, you’ve already seen it? Well watch it again. Then read the rest of this post. Whoops, forgot to say please…
Part of an ongoing YouTube series, this vid has become a viral sensation, and with good reason. This little guy’s on to something. He proves that kids not only say the darndest things, but at times speak the most profound things as well.
I mean, can anyone else see him as our president in 2062?
Not only could we all regularly use this kind of pep talk in our lives, but so many of his quips can be applied to our world today on a macro level. This is especially true coming on the heels of November’s election and the seemingly unending crisis and near-crisis situations spanning the globe.
Some of my favorite lines from the vid are below; what I believe to be the most meaningful and relevant is in bold.
- The world needs you to stop being boring… Boring is easy.
- Life isn’t a game, people. If life is a game, are we on the same team?
- It’s time to do something.
- Two roads diverged in the woods, and I took the road less traveled.
- Not cool Robert Frost.
- If there really were two paths, I want to be on the one that leads to awesome.
- It’s like that dude from Journey said, ‘Don’t stop believing… unless your dream is stupid.’ Then you should get a better dream.
- What will be your Space Jam? What will you create that would be make the world awesome?
- This is your time. This is my time. It’s our time!
- We can make every day better for each other. If we’re all on the same team, let’s start acting like it.
- You were made to be awesome.
- It’s everyone’s duty to give the world a reason to dance.
And if you’re like me and dug the background music, here’s the song…