Taylor Swift’s admittedly catchy new single, “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” is all the rage after its release this past week. The fact that the song centers on her breakup with a former flame is about as surprising as last week’s gaffe by Joe Biden, which I maintain was in no way intended to infer race.
But getting back to America’s fav breakup queen, her single’s got nothing on my nine MuZach ditties this week. Eat your heart out, Taylor.
1. Chain of Fools – Aretha Franklin (inspired by you, Mr. Biden)
2. D.A.N.C.E. – Justice (worthy of being dedicated to MJ, and such a funky vid)
3. Domino – Van Morrison (equally worthy of its dedication to Fats Domino)
4. Fix You – Coldplay (added this as a workout cool-down – clutch & beautifully done)
5. God Only Knows – The Beach Boys (appreciate ballsiness of using “God” in 60s)
6. Hurt Me Tomorrow – K’Naan (his best song since the World Cup’s “Wavin’ Flag“)
7. National Anthem – Lana Del Rey (She’s strange, as is vid – bit obsessed w/ both)
8. Not Your Fault – AWOLNATION (a really stellar mix of several different genres)
9. Take A Walk – Passion Pit (totally kickass tune & vid from one of my fav bands)