I may still be a spry twenty-something, but there are certainly times when I feel hella old — my youngest sister graduating high school this spring, occasionally (okay, often) limiting my drinking to dodge a hangover and waking up feeling quasi crippled the morning after tennis classes are just several examples of this.
Reading Buzz Feed’s recent list of “48 Things That Will Make You Feel Older” also exemplified my feeling like one of my grandma’s legally blind bridge partners. Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed having the chance to reflect on what were some of the best (and most awkward) years of my life.
Oh the era of Ecto Cooler, “Clarissa Explains It All”, a (likely) chaste Lindsay Lohan and Pluto still being a legitimate planet.
After reading through the list, I’ve got some serious follow-up questions, though. Perhaps you’ll be asking yourself the same.
- Did anyone else think the “Curly Sue” girl would turn out to be a heifer? Talk about overcoming the odds, and especially for a ginge. I’d say the same for Miley. Wow.
- Would anyone dare disagree that Kathie Lee has only gotten more vapid and irrelevant since her days with Regis? Also, are she and Hoda ever sober during their 10th hour of “Today”?
- How good was Ecto Cooler?
- Has creepster Steve from “Blue’s Clues” been arrested on any kind of child pornography charges?
- Anyone else lose a research paper on one of those floppy discs? Thank you Jesus for the invention of jump drives.
- Does Eminem’s kid not look like a young Britney Spears? While it’s still entirely possible with him as her father, here’s to hoping she doesn’t turn out to be bat shit crazy like Brit.
- Anyone else think Jonathan Lipnicki should give up on his fatal attempt at an acting career? It was all downhill after “Jerry Maguire”, my friend.
- Why has Nickelodeon failed to launch a ’90s Nick channel? I’d pay good money for that.
- Ryan Gosling was on “Are You Afraid of the Dark”?
- If only the Harry Potter trio knew how rich and famous they’d become, right?
- How effin’ frightening is the “Problem Child” kid’s in his current pic?
- And he’s right, Meryl hasn’t aged an iota has she?
I hope you enjoy this blast from the past as much as I did.